Crossfit, first of all, is a registered trademark by the company CrossFit Inc. This company is responsible for training professionals who will apply the principles of its work methodology, which is based on ideas created by the trainer. Briefly, we can say that Crossfit is a fitness activity that uses three aspects as the basis for your exercises:
- Olympic weight lifting (LPO);
- Olympic gymnastics; and
- Metabolic conditioning activities such as running, rowing, and cycling.
Crossfit has gained many fans by offering quick results. Of course, the work is hard! However, it is very effective, mainly because it is a multidisciplinary activity and stands out for its execution, which is divided into three parts:
- Stretching and warming up;
- Technical training to learn or improve specific exercises; and
- WOD (Work Out of the Day) is the circuit execution of the exercises learned in technical training, but intensely and in the shortest time possible.
With all this, it couldn’t be different; Crossfit is full of benefits such as:
- Develops cardio-respiratory endurance;
- Increases muscle strength and power;
- Develops flexibility, speed, and body agility; and
- It works on motor coordination.
Its results and benefits are so evident that Crossfit has become part of the training of US military police, tactical operations groups, and special units.
With all of this, you can see that not just any shoe will provide the support we need during Crossfit practice. So, now let’s know the main characteristics that your shoes should present.
Characteristics Of A Good Crossfit Tennis
The first thing to do is specify the type of stress that exercise causes on the body to know the specifics that our shoes need to have. Well, as far as we know, Crossfit is a physical activity more than complete, so our sneakers also need to be, after all, they will be conditioned to much more aggressive situations than in traditional sports and will face impacts, friction, different surfaces and excesses of all kinds.
So, for those who invested heavily in their running shoes and practice Crossfit, unfortunately, we inform you that you will not be able to use the same shoes in both activities!
Crossfit is training that combines many years of different approaches. Therefore, our footwear must have:
- firm cushioning
- Mobility to the heel
- Flexibility for the feet
- straight sole
- Solid and flat midsole (smallest drop possible).